School bus service
Address: 23A Mahunga Dr, Mangere Bridge 2022
Blockhouse Bay Intermediate School Run
Kiwi Coaches and HCD Transport would like to notify the parents/guardians of pupils who travel on the Blockhouse Bay, Richardson Road run that as of the Monday 25th July, 1st day of Term 3 Kiwi Coaches will take over operating the school run.
There will be no change to either time or routes either to or from school. There is a small increase in fares. There will also be a change in the method of payment.
Kiwi Coaches operates a card system that is prepaid. NO CASH ON BUS (All payments to office) You can either pay by term or Auto payment weekly / fortnightly.
We can also work out part weeks depending on no. rides per week estimated
This has been a very successful system with our other 14 school runs.(Over 700 pupils) for 10yrs lease in the first instance go to our web page www.kiwicoaches.com then go to School Bus Services, and in the school put Blockhouse Bay Int and fill out details.
This will help us create invoices and the Card which has to be swiped on the computer on entry. All our buses are on GPS and Radio Telephoned for timing and safety requirements. There is a link bit.ly/Klzxcy which allows you to live track the school bus
We are happy to discuss any questions with you if you would like to Phone our office on 096365232 and talk with either Temaramam, Satish or Calvin
Both Companies would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support.
Kiwi Coaches / HCD Transport Calvin West Manager
Blockhouse Bay Intermediate
Service removed due to passengers having better alternatives
3pm – 009 – Blockhouse Bay Intermediate to Green Bay
Alternatives – School bus 008 to New Lynn
Public service 195 will start at Blockhouse Bay Intermediate at 3pm before continuing on the 195 route from Blockhouse Bay shops to New Lynn Interchange.
Services to be changed
7.50am - 008 – New Lynn Interchange to Blockhouse Bay Intermediate
Bus will start at 96 Astley Ave & no longer travel along Gilliam St, Arahoe Rd, Hutchinson Ave, Sth Lynn Rd. New route below.
3pm – 008 – Blockhouse Bay to New Lynn
Bus will travel the reverse of the morning trip. It won’t travel along Sth Lynn Rd and Hutchinson Ave. New route below.
Bus Costs: $1.50 per ride. Concession tickets are available at New Lynn Bus Terminal Info Office.
- Tickets are available for purchase on the bus. Please have exact amount as it may not be possible to get change!
- Students are advised to wait at the public bus stop along the route, and in a place visible to the bus driver.
- In the event that there are no students to be picked up/dropped off during a part of the route, the bus company can change the bus route at any time. In order to protect our bus route – please support the school bus!!
- The school bus arrives and departs from the front gate on Bolton Street. In the afternoons, the buses depart school at 3:00pm. As our school finishes at 2:55pm, students will have five minutes to get to the bus stop at the front gate.
NOTE: The bus will NOT wait for any student. Students are expected to take full responsibility for getting themselves to the bus stop in time.
Behaviour on the bus
Students are advised that the aim of the bus is to provide safe and enjoyable alternative transport to and/or from school for all students who use the bus. While on the bus, full school rules will apply at all times.
While it is unlikely to occur, the Bus Driver has the authority to contact the school if a pupil breaches school rules and if necessary can temporarily ban a student from using the bus.
- NO inappropriate language
- NO spitting, fighting, assault or harassment of any kind.
- While the bus is moving, all students MUST remain seated at all times.
- Student property – bags, coats, cell phones etc – remain the responsibility of the student.