Raising achievement for all
At Blockhouse Bay Intermediate we are proud of our academic focus. As an important hub in the wider community we are driven to provide equity in access to resources to ensure we best prepare our young adolescents for their future. Each child will be provided with a range of educational opportunities to extend, challenge and enrich their learning during their time with us.
- Each child has their own learning pathway and they know where they come from in their learning, what they are learning now, and where their learning is taking them.
- Learning is visible, both within the learning spaces and online.
- Parents can engage with their children’s learning through safe online learning apps.
- We provide a strong Gifted and Talented programme that works closely with you the family.
- Our Pounamu Room is our learning support centre dedicated to raising achievement for those most in need of support.
- Extension across curricula is provided for those who excel in individual academic, social and sporting areas.
- We also offer Japanese & Samoan as languages.