The school uniform is seen by the school, Board of Trustees and community as the major form of identity and belonging to Blockhouse Bay Intermediate.
The development of pride in belonging to the school is fostered through the wearing of the school uniform.
- The school uniform and PE uniform is compulsory.
- Correct school uniform should be worn to and from school.
- Correct school uniform or PE uniform should be worn at school.
- All items of uniform should be named.
- A school sun hat and cap are available for students to wear. We strongly recommend that students wear either during the first and fourth terms.
Students are responsible for their own clothing and should take care to avoid loss. NZ Uniforms 7 Rata Street New Lynn carries a full range for our students Phone 9720272.
- If a student is seen to be deficient in any item of uniform, or is wearing an additional or alternative item, a supervising teacher is entitled to ask for an explanatory note. A “uniform pass” will be issued for a suitable period of time during which the deficiency should be rectified.
- Polo shirt with school logo
- Navy skirt, skort, pants or shorts (there are different style shorts to fit boys/girls)
- Plain navy or white socks (long or short)
- Plain, enclosed, flat black shoes or plain black sports shoes with no noticeable i.e different coloured labels. Note: No Mary-Janes, skate-style shoes, or high tops are allowed.
- Fleece (with school logo)
- PE T-shirt (navy and teal with school logo)
- PE shorts
- PE sports shoes (unless your school shoes are plain black sports shoes)