On the last day of each term we have a special Star Awards Assembly where we celebrate the success of students who have been outstanding within the classroom throughout the term.
The star colour given in these assemblies is red and is related to the academic side of school life.
In order to make these awards special in honouring these students, we limit the number of awards given at each assembly. In a class of 35 or less, up to five stars can be awarded.
At the end of each specialist class cycle, red stars will be awarded for outstanding success and effort in the following subjects: visual art, music, dance and drama, science, design technology, and food technology.
As part of recognition of exceptional achievement, Kauri awards will be awarded as follows
- Bronze Kauri – on the accumulation of two of each red green, blue, yellow and any two more, making a total of 10 stars.
- Silver Kauri – on the accumulation of four of each red, green, blue, yellow and four more making a total of 20 stars.
- Gold Kauri – on the accumulation of six of each red, green, blue, yellow and six more making a total of 30 stars.
- Platinum Kauri – on the accumulation of eight of each red, green, blue, yellow and eight more making a total of 40 stars.
- A chosen staff member will record information for the students that are coming up for a Kauri award.
One is given out at assembly weekly with a red star.
Stars are also awarded throughout the school year for:
- service green
- culture yellow
- sports blue
How to wear your stars
Wear your stars with pride.
Sew your star on the left sleeve of your sweatshirt. Please remember white background with coloured star showing.