Rich cultural inclusiveness
At Blockhouse Bay Intermediate we pride ourselves on our inclusive education practice. Ensuring all students are made to feel welcome at school and are able to take part in all aspects of school life. Diversity is respected and school-wide practices and classroom programmes respond to students’ different needs, skills, interests, cultures and backgrounds.
Underlying our Kiwi identity lies the New Zealand Curriculum. Strengthening the special character of our school curriculum through celebrating our diverse local community. Growing our culture is charged to our diverse mix of teachers. Knowing each learner and respecting their unique whakapapa places your child, your culture and your hopes and aspirations for their future at the centre of a successful educational experience.
- Pasifika and Maori benefit from regular community hui
- Kapa Haka and Pasifika cultural group
- Home work club is available after school in the library on most Mondays 3pm - 4pm.
- School wide teaching of tikanga Maori and Te Reo
- Academic success is celebrated and rewarded
- Cultural week is an important celebration as part of our calendar